After extended work in the ApexSQL Monitor console, when user selects the monitored SQL: Server instance from the monitored servers list and presses the Disable button, the error message “The server <server_name> doesn’t exist in the database” will pop up and the operation will not be accomplished leaving SQL Server enabled.
ApexSQL Monitor 2014.03.0072 and earlier
To prevent the above-mentioned error and be able to disable the instance:
- Close ApexSQL Monitor
- Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools
- Start Services.exe
- Select the ApexSQLMonitor service and right click on it
- Select the Restart from the context menu
- Wait for Service control to accomplish restart
- Check that the ApexSQLMonitor service status is Running
- Start the ApexSQL Monitor
New you can disable selected SQL Server instances without encountering the error.
ApexSQL is currently working to fix this issue permanently.